- This policy covers how ZMAC treats Personal data that it collects and receives relating to information offered on its Website, including information related to the use of the Tools. Personal data is defined as information about you that is personally identifiable, such as your name, mailing address, e-mail address, or other contact information, and that is not otherwise publicly available.
- This policy does not apply to the practices of advertisers or other companies that ZMAC does not own or control or to people that ZMAC does not employ or manage.
- This policy does not apply to non-personal information - data in a form that does not permit direct association with any specific individual. ZMAC may collect, use, transfer, and disclose non-personal information for any lawful purpose.
Information Collection, Use and Retention
- You can generally visit the Website without revealing any personal information about yourself.
- ZMAC collects personal information only when you sign up, log in, fill out forms or otherwise provide information to use the Tools.
- When you click on such links, ZMAC may ask for information such as your name, DOT number, e-mail address, mailing address, telephone number, and zip code. Once you click on such links and provide that information to ZMAC, you are not anonymous to ZMAC.
- ZMAC may automatically receive and record information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, cookie information, and the page you request.
- When you visit the Website, ZMAC collects usage information sent to us by your computer, mobile, or other access device that tells us how you are using the Website (“usage information”). ZMAC uses tracking technologies (including cookies (including cookies stored in HTML-5), web beacons/GIFs, embedded scripts, e-tags/cache browsers) to collect usage information.
- ZMAC may also collect password information from you when you log in, as well as computer and/or connection information. During some visits we may use software tools to measure and collect session information, including page response times, download errors, time spent on certain pages and page interaction information.
- ZMAC may collect additional information from you if you access the Website through a mobile device (e.g., your unique device identifier, device's operating system, mobile carrier, general location or your location).
- ZMAC uses information for the following general purposes: to customize the website, advertising and content; to fulfill requests to use the Tools; to improve the Tools and customer relations; to contact you; to prevent, detect, and investigate fraud, security breaches, potentially prohibited or illegal activities, and enforce our Terms and Conditions; and to conduct research. ZMAC retains the information we collect from and about you for as long as it is necessary and relevant for the Website's operations, and in accordance with applicable legal requirements. You consent to ZMAC's retention of your video viewing tracking data for as long as permissible under applicable law—up to one (1) year after you close your account or otherwise withdraw consent for video tracking.
The Website is a general audience site or service and it is not intended for children under the age of 13. ZMAC does not knowingly collect “personal information” (as defined by the United States Children's Online Privacy Protection Act or “COPPA”) on the Website, and does not knowingly collect any personal information from children younger than the age of thirteen (13) as required by U.S. law. ZMAC will delete any personal information collected that is later determined to be from a user younger than the age of thirteen (13). If you are a parent or guardian of a child under the age of thirteen (13) and believe he or she has disclosed personal information to ZMAC, please contact us via email at [email protected].
Information Sharing and Disclosure
We may disclose your Personal data to third parties under any of the following circumstances:
To Third Parties Performing Processing or Other Services. We may provide the information to third-party organizations who provide a product or service on our behalf. Any such third-party organizations are only provided the information they need to deliver the product or service, are required to protect the privacy and security of your information and are not permitted to share or use such information for any other purposes. ZMAC does not sell your Personal data, including “sale” as defined in Nevada and California and does not “share” Personal data as that term is defined in California.
To Third Parties for Legal Reasons. We may disclose the information to conform or comply with the law, or for other legal reasons. This may include, but is not limited to: where we have a good-faith belief that disclosure is necessary to comply with the requirements of law or any legal process served on us (including, but not limited to, a search warrant, court order, or subpoena); to cooperate with an investigation by law enforcement or regulatory authorities; to participate or cooperate in a judicial proceeding; to enforce Terms and Conditions of this Website; and, in urgent circumstances, to protect the safety of persons or property, including this Website.
To a Third Party in the Event of a Transaction or Other Event. In the event of a merger, consolidation, or reorganization involving ZMAC, acquisition of ZMAC by another organization, a sale of all or a portion of ZMAC’s assets, or other similar transaction, your Personal data may be transferred to the control of a third party.
Use of Non-personal Information. We may aggregate data collected from use of ZMAC's products, services and programs and publish, disseminate, disclose and otherwise use such data as non-personal information—data in a form that does not permit direct association with any specific individual-for any lawful purpose.
- We use information gathered from these tracking technologies so that we can analyze trends, administer the website, track users' movements around the website, improve our products, services and applications, and gather demographic information about our customer base as a whole. We may combine information we obtain through tracking technologies with other Personal data that we have collected about you in order to make our products, communications and advertisements more targeted to your interests.
- Please note that the website is not presently configured to respond to DNT or “do not track” signals from web browsers or mobile devices. As such, ZMAC does not recognize or respond to Do Not Track requests.
Confidentiality and Security
ZMAC takes the security of all Personal data very seriously. We take precautions to maintain the security, confidentiality, and integrity of the information we collect at this Website. Such measures include limiting access to Personal data about you to employees or service providers who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs.
Sensitive Personal Data
- We do not knowingly collect or obtain from third parties, any personal data, including any “Sensitive Personal Data.” “Sensitive Personal Data” are personal data, revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade-union membership; data concerning health or sex life and sexual orientation; genetic data or biometric data.
- You have the right to access the information that ZMAC maintains about you, request deletion of your data, update your data, object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information and you correct or amend that information if it is inaccurate or has been processed in violation of privacy laws, to the extent allowed by law.
- If we have collected and processed your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to opt-out from our marketing communications at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in any marketing e-mails we send you. To opt-out of other forms of marketing (such as postal marketing or telemarketing), please contact us using the contact details provided under the “Contacting Us” heading below.
To exercise these rights, please email [email protected] (including “privacy” in the subject line of your message.
Rights of Users in California and Nevada
Users in California
Users who are California residents have certain rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act, (“CCPA”). If you are an eligible California user, included in these rights are:
- “Right to Know”—You have the right to request to know more about the categories and specific pieces of personal information that we have collected about you and access a copy of your personal information.
- “Right to Correction”—You have the right to have inaccurate personal information about you corrected.
- “Right to Deletion”—You have the right to request deletion of personal information that we have collected about you.
- “Right to Non-Discrimination”—If you choose to exercise any of your rights under CCPA, ZMAC will treat you like all other users. In other words, there is no penalty for exercising your rights under CCPA.
- “Right to Opt-Out”—You have the right to opt out of the sale of your personal information.
To exercise any of these rights under CCPA, please email [email protected]. CCPA allows you to designate an authorized agent to make these requests on your behalf. For your protection, we may require that the request be sent through the email address associated with your account, and we may need to verify you and/or your agent's identity before fulfilling your request.
As a California resident, you also have the right to request certain details about what personal information we share with third parties for those third parties' direct marketing purposes. To submit your request, send an email to [email protected] with the phrase “California Shine the Light” and include your mailing address, state of residence, and email address.
Since there is no widely accepted standard for the browser-initiated Do Not Track signal, we do not currently recognize or respond to Do Not Track signals.
Users in Nevada
ZMAC does not sell its users' personal information or personal data. Nonetheless, Nevada residents have the right to submit a request that we do not sell your covered personal information, which you can do by emailing [email protected].
If you have questions or suggestions, please contact us via email at [email protected].
Last Updated/Effective Date: September 25, 2023.